Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Platesetter Issues

gatorheuss
gatorheuss Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in Forum Feedback
I am new to the BGE family, I bought an XL 2 weeks ago (mainly for smoking). I have used it everyday grilling dinner, but I really want to smoke a butt & loins this weekend (family coming over). My only problem is I don't have a platesetter yet. I purchased/paid for one at the same time I bought my BGE XL (2 weeks ago), but my dealer told me BGE is backed up on making platesetters and it is yet to come in. I called BGE yesterday and spoke with someone who said he would look into my problem and also said there is no shortage of platesetters. I feel confident my problem will be addressed, has anyone experienced platesetter taking this long to come in? I don't want to be a pest, but 2 weeks seems like a long time to ship something from GA to FL. 

Comments