Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

About to get a LBGE and have a question about the BGE pizzastone

MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello guys

I am about to get a LBGE including platesetter, pizzastone and ......

My question is : How durable are the BGE pizzastone ? I have had lots of other pizzastones for my weber gasse, and they all break within weeks - including an original weberstone.

Greetings from Denmark

·

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Hi. The BGE stone is virtually indestructible. Well worth the price

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
    edited January 2012
    Wohooo two minutes after posting a question, I got the answer I wanted....
    Thanks a lot m8.
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    I would have been faster but I type with two fingers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • tdbmdtdbmd Posts: 41
    I got one with my large Egg as well, have done several pizzas now with no fuss.  Hopefully it will hold up.
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    My problem with it is it's only 14"...get the 16" one from the ceramic grill store....you'll want to make bigger pies. Same excellent quality to the stone
    ·
  • MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
    well 14" suits me fine, if i get a 16" stone I would eat more and had to go on a diet 8-)
    ·
  • I have both the 14" and 16" and I use the 14" most of the time when making pizzas. 
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,920
    Works great. No problems after over a year and too many pizzas to count, most done at 650 and + range.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Get the one from ceramic grill store. Omit your platesetter and stone from bge and get the spider adjustable rig stone and drip pan fro ceramicgrillstore.com.
    ·
  • tfoutchtfoutch Posts: 76
    If you are on a diet, slice that pie in 6 pieces instead of 8!  That way, you can still say you only had two!
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee
    ·
  • Although the BGE stone is good quality, I too wanted a true 16" stone.

So I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E19MW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000E1FDA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KH92EZJ0Z6WVJC6421B

And have been completely satisfied w/ it!!

HTH,
    Rob
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
    ·
  • tjp1060tjp1060 Posts: 55
    I think my wife got ours from the Pampered Chef. We have had it for a few years now, however we have used it only once on the BGE so far with great results. We intend to try it again tomorrow.
    ·
  • i simply use the platesetter and pizzas so far have been perfect!
    ·