Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

About to get a LBGE and have a question about the BGE pizzastone

MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello guys

I am about to get a LBGE including platesetter, pizzastone and ......

My question is : How durable are the BGE pizzastone ? I have had lots of other pizzastones for my weber gasse, and they all break within weeks - including an original weberstone.

Greetings from Denmark

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408
    Hi. The BGE stone is virtually indestructible. Well worth the price

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
    edited January 2012
    Wohooo two minutes after posting a question, I got the answer I wanted....
    Thanks a lot m8.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,408
    I would have been faster but I type with two fingers

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tdbmdtdbmd Posts: 41
    I got one with my large Egg as well, have done several pizzas now with no fuss.  Hopefully it will hold up.
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    My problem with it is it's only 14"...get the 16" one from the ceramic grill store....you'll want to make bigger pies. Same excellent quality to the stone
  • MowgliMowgli Posts: 34
    well 14" suits me fine, if i get a 16" stone I would eat more and had to go on a diet 8-)
  • I have both the 14" and 16" and I use the 14" most of the time when making pizzas. 
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,080
    Works great. No problems after over a year and too many pizzas to count, most done at 650 and + range.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Get the one from ceramic grill store. Omit your platesetter and stone from bge and get the spider adjustable rig stone and drip pan fro ceramicgrillstore.com.
  • tfoutchtfoutch Posts: 76
    If you are on a diet, slice that pie in 6 pieces instead of 8!  That way, you can still say you only had two!
    TFOUTCH Algood, Tennessee
  • Although the BGE stone is good quality, I too wanted a true 16" stone.

So I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000E19MW/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0000E1FDA&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KH92EZJ0Z6WVJC6421B

And have been completely satisfied w/ it!!

HTH,
    Rob
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • tjp1060tjp1060 Posts: 55
    I think my wife got ours from the Pampered Chef. We have had it for a few years now, however we have used it only once on the BGE so far with great results. We intend to try it again tomorrow.
  • i simply use the platesetter and pizzas so far have been perfect!