Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL Capacity for Competition Cooking

EgggerEggger Posts: 5
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum

Can anyone tell me If could I fit two 15 lbs briskets and two 8-10 lbs pork butts, simultaneously?

I about to purchase one and I'd feel a lot better if I got some feedback? Any pics anywhere?

thanks!

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    With single grid, maybe. With dual level grid, yes.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Yes, it will fit,

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Does anyone have pictures to show how this could be done? I Eggger asked the question, but I would love to be able to do the same amount on my XL in a few months for a graduation party.

• EgggerEggger Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. I would like to fit everything on one level if that is even this possible. If someone's got a pic it would be gold.
  • If I were trying to fit that type of meat load into the XL, I would use the 2-tier system from BGE with briskets on the bottom and butts on top..

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• I would think the 2 tier rack system from ceramic grillworks would be able to do that with no problem.

www.ceramicgrillworks.com go to their webstore to see the product. I have one and you can really fit a lot of food and it's easy to access.