Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill Table Covers

Options
reh111
reh111 Posts: 196
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
I've just built my BGE table (pics to follow later).  I didn't follow the plans and sort of "free-wheeled" it which ended up with a table that's about 48 inches long and 36 inches deep - probably should have looked at the DIY plans first and limited the depth, but I didn't and I like its size - anyway, I'd like to find a cover that covers the entire table - it will be out in the open and although I've protected it with the finish, I'd like to put a cover on it - in looking at the typical grill covers, most are long enough but are limited to about 24 inches deep - has anyone found a cover that will cover a grill/table assembly that's as deep as the one I've built???

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Contact John at Coverworks.  He will custom make whatever you need.  They are not cheap, but you will never have to buy another one.

http://coverworks.nakedwhiz.com/

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • How much are the covers.  I shot an email over to them and got not much of a reply.  I asked about a cover for a regular table with a large egg.  They acted like they didn't know what that was.

I am having one made at the local boat cover shop.

Will let you know how it works.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Wow.  That's a completely different experience than I had.  John was very helpful and called several times to verify measurements.  He makes them out of the same material that sailboat sails are made of so they are as waterproof as a duck.  I think mine was $230.00 shipped. 

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    I am looking for a cover for mine also. Emailed cover works but haven't heard anything yet. For now I am using a large atv cover which actually works pretty good, and only thirty bucks. My table is 72 inches long, 32 inches deep. The cover didn't reach the floor but is close enough for now. They do have larger ones I think.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • the butcher
    Options
    http://www.cuvers.ca/productsBBQ.html

I ordered one from here.  About C$100 and it fit great.  Totally custom to your table.  
  • I just got one made out of Sunbrella fabric - has a 10 year warranty.  I picked a brown, I believe Mocha Tweed is the color - Its apparently a fabric that SeaRay uses on their marine tops.  Had the local Boat guys make them.  One for the Webber and one for the BGE.  The BGE cover that I bought at BGE looked like it was going to last about 15 months... This should last realistically about 8 years according to "Bimini Jim" who made mine.  They were $150 each.  Looks like they will outlast maybe 4 vinyl covers... They look 100% better - and they match the color scheme of the house.

• We will see how this works out--- This fabric should breath, meaning that the Egg and the Webber should both avoid any mold, etc.