Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

favorite cookbooks

cas_sjcas_sj Posts: 5
edited January 2012 in Root

There might be another thread on this, but I didn't see it.

What are some favorite smoker/barcecue books out there that everyone relies on.

Of course there are great resources and advice available on this and other sites (ie NakedWhiz gets a big shoutout), and I suppose honorable mention should go to the BGE cookbook.  Just looking to add to my library and interested in your input....

·

Comments

• AD18AD18 Posts: 159
    My go to book is Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.  Lot's of good stuff.  I also like Big Bob Gibson's Book.  More good info and really great stories surrounding the restaurant, family, and cooking.  
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,339
    Adam Perry Lang, Serious BBQ is a good un. 

Drbbq's Big Time BBQ is a great addition to your shelf as well. Lots of good advice and a comprehensive selection of recipes.

Happy reading.
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,738
    edited January 2012
    There's some good stuff in here.
    Description: 175 Make-Your-Own Sauces, Marinades, Dry Rubs, Wet Rubs, Mops, and Salsas.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • If you're somewhat of a Newbie I would recommend "Mastering The Grill" by Andrew Schloss & David Joachim. It has plenty of recipes but is more of a textbook covering even things like "free range" and "grass fed". It has different chapters on grilling veggies along with one on fruit, desserts and dough. Excellent all-purpose book.

My other "go to" books are:

Smoke & Spice by Cheryl & Bill Jamison

&

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures & Glazes by Jim Tarantino

The other books mentioned are also very good.

·
  • CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,720

Chris Lily's or Myron Mixon's cookbooks are outstanding. A great read is Mike Mills "Peace, Love, BBQ"

An all purpose grilling book is "The Essentials of Grilling" from William's Sonoma.

·