Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloins On The Small for Dinner!

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SplitTenderloinsonSmall.jpg
<p />Deb saw a 2 for 1 special on little pork tenderloins at the neighborhood Bi-Lo. Guess what's for dinner tonight? Here's a pic of one of them split into two. Both are injected with a pineapple/teriaki marinade. The back one is dusted in Jamaican Firewalk (my favorite) and the front one is done with Tsunami Spin. We can't wait![p]Jimbo
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    Interesting rack arrangement you have there. Is that an inverted rib rack?[p]Tenderloins are looking good...[p]Bob

• JimboBQ
    Options
    yaB,
    You are one smart cookie! That's what it is. I turned it upside down and hung the "legs" outside the foil pan. I had to bend the foil pan in on the corners so it would fit into the small. But, hey, the pan is disposable! I wanted to get the tenderloin up high in the dome for the smoke and to get some heat under the tenderloin, as opposed to placing it directly into the pan.[p]Jimbo[p]
    Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    OK, thanks for the confirmation. [p]As they say, "Necessity is the mother...", and the small BGE model definitely seems to inspire its share of invention. I'm thinking about getting a small this year, so stuff like your photo of tenderloin arrangement to get the meat away from the fire and up into the dome does grab my attention.[p]Bob

• tn slagamater
    tn slagamater Posts: 623
    Options
    yaB, yeah, the small EGG is the GREATEST of all the Egg's.... You can do a lot of interesting things on it. It is more challenging, requires more thought and a bit more work....It bakes, it grills, and it smokes...not to mention...it is PORTABLE !!!

• JimboBQ
    Options
    tn slagamater,
    Portable, yeah! That's why I had to have one, to take camping! But man, when I want a steak fast, that's the one I go to. Got side dishes to cook and the large is loaded with ribs? Put the beans in the small. I love my small.[p]Jimbo[p]