Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza success, FINALLY!!

Options
Gato
Gato Posts: 766
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was sitting around this morning and decided to try pizza again for lunch. I have tried twice before with ok results. All I kept hearing is how great pizza is on the egg, but I sure wasn't convinced. First time was edible but not great. The second time I tried, my five year old said the bottom tasted like a box. Funny stuff!!
Anyway I made a single homemade crust using the pizza dough from Bobby Flay's recipe and just cut down the amounts for one crust. This time I used the platesetter legs up with the grill and bge baking stone, which is supposed to be better on the gasket according to bge. Cooked between 550 and 600 and rotated the pizza during the cook for an even crust. Built the pizza on parchment paper to transfer to stone. The pizza was fantastic! I now finally realize what everyone was talking about. Glad I didn't just give up, hopefully I can duplicate it again.
Geaux Tigers!!!

Comments