Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chipped my Dome

Options
JTugwell
JTugwell Posts: 21
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anybody think this is going to be a problem?  I was replacing my gaskets, and the upper carriage bold seized.  I ended up twisting the ear, and looks like i chipped it up pretty good in the process.  They do not go all the way through.  I was thinking about just filling the with some JB weld or something.  Should I worry?  

Comments

• bluegrasstiger
    Options
    I don't think its going to be a problem...if similar chips on mine are any indication.  I have not filled mine in or colored, just left them like they are and they have not been a problem.
  • JTugwell
    Options
    ok thanks!  that makes me feel alot better. 
  • JimS
    JimS Posts: 78
    Options

Had mine for 13 years and have dings like yours and worse. One i did fill w/jb weld on the front because it was so deep on the rim that the bottom gasket wouldn't fit properly. Do it when you have too much time and nothing to do.
    Does anybody think this is going to be a problem?  I was replacing my gaskets, and the upper carriage bold seized.  I ended up twisting the ear, and looks like i chipped it up pretty good in the process.  They do not go all the way through.  I was thinking about just filling the with some JB weld or something.  Should I worry?  

• JTugwell
    Options
    Thanks Jim, my moral keeps improving.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I replace my gasket and noticed a ding in the rim, just put the new gasket over it and hasn't been a problem at all. 
  • uncledave
    Options
    I chipped my dome when I assembled it. I E:mailed the mother ship and they sent me a tiny jar of green paint. I put it on with an artists brush and then cooked steaks to cure it. I can't find the spots I painted anymore.