Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Question...

Options
JefCB01
JefCB01 Posts: 57
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Longtime follower,first time poster...just bought my egg and am trying to figure out the type of table i want to build.

For those of you who have done a granite top for your table...what's the approx price you've paid to have the granite fabricated with the egg cutout and edges done? Any granite yard reccomendations in the Houston area?

Thanks!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jef I have had my eggs for as long as 5 years on the longest. For me I have gone back to the nests with handles and like the heck out of the SS table Sam's sells for about $150. I like being able to move the eggs around to what we are doing.  Going to add a second or third. This one has gathered the mini and tv now.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Love granite but it is incredibly expensive.  I just couldn't see spending the money so I went with poured concrete. My "table" is brick but I've seen pictures of people do poured concrete with wood tables as well.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• GaryBushey
    Options
    I just finished a table to go with my Egg and I agree with Mickey, I kept the Egg in the nest (mainly because I already had it and was too lazy to figure out how to move it into a table :)  )   I do like the mobility since I keep the Egg on the deck and it makes it easy to clean the deck as needed.