Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Quick question on pork shoulder

fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 265
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been in for a little over 13 hours, 7.69 pounds. With thermapen the whole thing is 195 except for a small section near the bone. Should I pull it and foil it and put it in a cooler. Not eating for about 4 hours.

Comments

• You're getting close...You could take it off now and foil it, or wait until it gets to 200 or even 205.  If you take it off now and foil it you should still have piping hot butt to pull in 4 hours.  Put some towels on the bottom of the cooler, and wrap the foiled but in towels too.
  • fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 265
    It is in the cooler with towels and foil. Will take some pictures of it finished
    Thanks for the advice
  • alex_aalex_a Posts: 17
    Fruitguy. What temp were you cooking at? I am going to attempt my first shoulder next weekend.