Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dallas BBQ

Options
Deluca
Deluca Posts: 148
edited November 2011 in Off Topic
Going to Dallas for my time this weekend. Wheres a good place to go for Ribs?.....

Thanks

Comments

• tarheel
    Options
    I am sure you are gone by now, but I am a big fan of Red Hot and Blue off of Walnut Hill and 75. Sorry for just now posting.
  • Deluca
    Deluca Posts: 148
    Options
    Just saw this Tarheel. I'll be back down that way in a few months. I'll try it then. Thanks for sharing!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Hard 8 - in Coppell

Not just the ribs - but anything there.   If you are a fan of smoking -you have to visit this place.   Huge open pits, you walk through a line, pick what you want out of the pit.  They sell by the pound.   Try the turkey poppers.

Cookin in Texas
  • TarHeelBBQ
    Options

Deluca,

I work the Texas market.  I am heading to Dallas next week actually.  The best ribs I have had are Bone Daddy's House of Smoke.  It's the Hooters of BBQ.  Fantastic ribs.  The best brisket I have had is Rudy's.  There are a bunch of Rudy's but they do a fantastic job with brisket, cream corn, and sausage.  I will eat there at least twice while I am in town.  Also, do not go to Sonny Bryan's.  It's the worst I have had.  Pitiful.  It has a great repuation but when I ate there i refused to ever go back.  While you are there you have got eat Tex Mex as well.  It's the best thing in Texas.  I hope this helps.

TarHeelBBQ

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    If you are here on a weekend and have the time, I suggest the Pecan Lodge at the Farmer's Market. I want to try Lochart BBQ. Supposedly the guy went down to Lockhart and got trained at Kreuz. They also sell Kreuz sausage.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings