Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Steel_RainSteel_Rain Posts: 17
edited January 2012 in Seafood
Has anyone grilled cold water tails on the BGE.  What was the result and what temp did you cook at?

• I can't help you there...but I did a search and found several discussions.
  • boston_stokerboston_stoker Posts: 794
    edited January 2012
    Dwell in the Shell is the way to go...

Option 1

Option 2
  • c ooked 8 oz tails a couple of weeks ago with Porter House steaks, We removed the bottom pulled out the meat,but not all he way ,rinsed and replaced.Seasoned with garlic/pepper and skewered,cooked appx 3 min each side at 500 degree was perfect
  • whalewhale Posts: 4
    I do Florida lobster fairly often.  Shell side down, butter and lime juice.  350° till they're pink.  They are awesome.
  • I do mine about 400, direct, meat side down for about 5 minutes, flip over to shell side down & add a mixture of melted butter & garlic, and keep there for about another 5 minutes. 

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Thanks to all for your comments!! B-)