Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt on BGE CONT....

TarheelinvaTarheelinva Posts: 1
edited January 2012 in Root
I know I am not doing something right on the web posting but it want let me comment on others input or my own...oh we'll. More importantly my Butt seems to be working nicely. Started at 8 pm last night and maintained solid 250 dome temp till I went o bed at 12:30. Never opened the egg and temp never budged. Got up about 6 am to check temp and it had slid to about 270 gave a little adjustment and went back for a small snooze. Just opened lid for first time 10 hours in and meat temp is 150 with nice bark. I'm already getting hungry.
·

Comments

• 2CanQ2CanQ Posts: 14
    Keep doing what you doing, you may still have to wait a bit sometimes the Butt will seem to stall and the meat temp will be real slow going the rest of the way.  Be patient and enjoy when it is done.
    ·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Sounds like you have a great cook going on! 
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • TarheelinvaTarheelinva Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for the suggestions. 8 lb Butt cooked for 21 hours and I pulled it at about 190 meat temp ( using iffy thermometer) wrapped and waited an hour. Awesome meat just fell apart. Just finished stuffing myself with pulled pork, collards, and black eyed peas. How did I ever cook without the egg!?! Unbelievable!!!!
    ·
  • Congratulations!  Great job.
    ·