Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg table and intro...

MikeyDawg
MikeyDawg Posts: 2
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum

I am a new large BGE owner.... three of my family members have had them for a few years now and I finally decided to join the club early this month. Boy am I glad I did. This is the home that I built for my egg with built in storage in the bottom drawer... Thanks for all the great info on this forum. Happy new years.

Comments

• That's a good looking table. Welcome to the Hoteel Eggaforniia!
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Great looking table! Ties in nicely with the deck. Great job!! Love the large bottom drawer. Do you have a cover for the table?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Great looking table! Ties in nicely with the deck. Great job!! Love the large bottom drawer. Do you have a cover for the table?

Thanks... no cover yet. I am in the process of looking for one if you have any suggestions.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    I can't find it right now...but someone has posted a link for someone who makes custom covers.  I may be in the market for one of those too.
  • Hi Is it made out of Trex?
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    @ joe@bge... I saw that link and could probably find it, but I sent them dimensions for mine weeks ago and never heard a word from them.

@ mikeydawg I was just wondering because it seems water would get down into the drawer. I purchased a large atv cover for mine to get me by for a while. Thirty bucks...
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • @ joe@bge... I saw that link and could probably find it, but I sent them dimensions for mine weeks ago and never heard a word from them.

@ mikeydawg I was just wondering because it seems water would get down into the drawer. I purchased a large atv cover for mine to get me by for a while. Thirty bucks...

I actually have two large plastic containers with lids in the drawer to keep my charcoal and accessories dry. I also emailed the individual that was supposed to be making custom covers and didnt hear back either. I've found a few on Amazon that seem like they would fit my table nicely but just havent pulled the trigger yet.

The table is not made of Trex (my father used trex for his table though). I used pressure treated pine and then stained it with a Semi-Transparent Behr deck stain (same stain I used on my deck).  Here is a few pics inside the drawer...

• I love the idea of those bottom drawers, I will include that in my table too, which I'm designing.
    Off to town to get the plastic bins...
  • Great table, for a cover you may talk with a local boat dealer to get a lead on someone who does canvas work for boats.  I would imagine a canvas guy could make one but cheap probably won't be part of the equation.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC