Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the BGE, First ever Brisket...

Options
vandekampdavid
vandekampdavid Posts: 0
edited December 2011 in Root
Hello Everyone,

My wife (She Rocks) bought me a large BGE (I see that and I think "Baltimore Gas & Electric") for Christmas.

So after years of using a gas grill for grilling & my ECB (El' Cheapo Brinkman) water smoker for smoking I've started a new journey with my Big Green Egg.

I have, in the past, smoked turkeys, sausages, bacon explosions & pork shoulders but never, ever a brisket because keeping the temp right on my ECB was damn near impossible... also, I'm afraid of the brisket. Not as forgiving as the pork shoulder... not easy like the turkey etc...

So, new friends, I'm looking for advice... namely, how not to screw this up!

Thus far, my dome temp is holding steady at 250, I've got my plate setter upside down with a drip pan half full of water to keep things relatively humid, my brisket (a little over 5lbs) is sitting flat on the grill fat side up, & I've used about two cups of pre-soaked pecan chips...

Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year!

- Dave

Comments