Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef tenderloin and lobster tails

Options
okiebill
okiebill Posts: 1
edited December 2011 in Forum List
I'm cooking beef tenderloin and lobster tails tonight.  I can't find any references to lobster tails on the forum.  Any suggestions???

Comments

• Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    We are doing tails using the dwell in the shell method, which has worked well in the past.  Cut membrane from bottom of tail by using food shears to cut on both sides, then peel off with fins and expose bottom of tail. Flip over and place knife on center of hard shell running the length of shell and give it a quick punch to crack but not separate the shell.  Drizzle a bit of EVOO, a splash of lemon or lime juice, your favorite seasoning (I use dizzy pig raging river rub) and get the egg up to 350 degrees.  Add whatever smoking wood you like and place tails on grate meat side down on direct heat.  Five minutes, then flip onto hard shell side, pour a little melted butter mixed with garlic powder, then close everything up and let it dwell for five more minutes.  Best lobster tails I have ever had!  Enjoy and Happy New Year!  
  • okiebill
    Options
    Thanks.  What temp range?
  • Bayarad
    Bayarad Posts: 313
    Options
    I go at about 350 dome temp
  • GreenhawK
    Options
    We just had a new fresh seafood store open up locally.  Before we would have to drive an hour each way to get good fresh seafood other than what the grocery stores have.  

I am excited to get started on some lobsters myself.  

I don't have any tips for you, but there is plenty of info out there if you google it.

Large BGE Decatur, AL