Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Skinless chicken breast

burr_baby33
burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited October 2011 in Poultry
Any recipes that will create tasty, moist skinless chicken breast?

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Hard to screw it up unless you cook over 160 degrees.... dries out quickly....

Last weekend I butterflied 5, stuffed with red pepper/spinach/mushrooms, dizzy dust inside and out, direct at 350 way up high in the dome till they reached 150. Pulled, foiled the container top they were in, let rest 15 minutes and then sliced them. Perfect
    Kent Madison MS
  • Cooked 2 whole breasts after seasoning with sweet and spicy rub.  Cooked at about 200 degrees for 15 minutes turning twice.  Brushed with EVOO both sides to avoid drying out.  Wrapped in foil and removed from heat.  Very tender. 
  • I think I cooked my last ones a little too hot. Cooked at 350, pulled and foiled at 150. Flavor was good but a little tough. I'll try 200 - 250 and see if that helps. Also, I didn't use olive oil. Probably should have since they were skinless.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Wrap in bacon ...   :@)
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • You can do a quick Brine as well. I take about 4 tablespoons of Kosher Salt and 3 of garlic powder and put in a cup or two of water heat the water and stir until all is dissolved (about 1 minute0. Remove from heat immediately and if hot put in some ice cubes to return to room temperature. Use and injection needle and inject the breast til they won't hold anymore, then follow the instructions on using a lower heat to cook. This makes white meat very juicy.
  • Tried the evoo and bacon last night at 300.  The meat was wonderful!  Thanks for sharing.
  • bigearl
    bigearl Posts: 25
    just did some boneless skinless breasts - cooked at about 350.  All i did was us a dry rub and flipped twice - cooked for about 20 minutes and it was the best/ juiciest chicken breasts I've ever had.  Almost fork tender - unheard of with chicken.  I love this BGE!
    huh?
  • I routinely cook a mess of breasts for the wife (yes, the wife who......) in a KJ.  I cook them at 350 on a raised grid, turning every 8-10 minutes until 160 inside.  Always very moist.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674

Pound them out. Stuff with goat cheese and peppers. Cover with bacon and tie. Cook high and direct

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I'll like to make sure they are a uniform thickness by pounding them out with a meat hammer. I find they cook better that way, easier to cook uniformly and not dry them out.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings