Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ questions!!

Options
smokinsooner
smokinsooner Posts: 161
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum

Santa, (aka...my fiance) brought me a DigiQ dx2 for Christmas! I have a couple of slabs of ribs smoking and holding at 227 now.... but I cannot figure out where/ how to mount it! so before i start bending the bracket to my will and ultimately another unfortunate outcome, I thought I would ask for some advice!

Also, after the ribs, I'm throwing a turkey on to test out the temp control lead...any advice there?

Thanks in advance!

BOOMER!

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    I set mine on the tabletop next to the egg.  If it looks like it's going to rain or snow, I put it in a ziplock baggie.
    Never saw any good reason to mount it.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    edited December 2011
    Options

Did you get the Pit Viper 10CFM fan?  If you did, you can mount the controller to the fan with the supplied bracket.  I am not sure if the 5CFM fan has this option.  I didn't do this with my CyberQ, but its an option for you.  I have only got to use mine once so far, but I love it - its real test will be this weekend - doing a long smoke for pulled pork for new years.

From Naked Whiz: