Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib

sootyboy
sootyboy Posts: 10
edited December 2011 in Beef
I have a 15.5 lb prime rib. How long will it take?

Comments

• Depends on how you do it. I just did an 18 lb prime rib. indirect setup. Started with dome at 500. Put on the prime and shut the vents down to achieve around 325. It took 3-1/2 hours to reach 125 internal. I double wrapped in foil and 2 towels. Put in a cooler and took across town for christmas dinner. Cut it about an hour after removing it from the egg. It was fantastic.
  • Forgot to mention. If you have a temp probe for the grate don't put it on until the dome cools below 400. I fried my probe.
  • Thanks I do have a guru Im doing it indirectly. No bones. I marinaded overnight in A1. Then today I putted it dry added butter with fresh rosemary spread all over and coated with course salt and wrapped it in bacon. It's sitting out for 4 hours it's at 40 degrees now I'll start it at 130 pm today and we we see how it goes