Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick junk

BaysidebobBaysidebob Posts: 489
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Push this wait for that and on and on.  This thing worked great for a coupl days and quit.  Replaced batteries, no help.  I follow the directions and nothing works.  I HATE this thing.  Is there a remote probe out there that actually works?  I just got it going again but it loses the signal even though they are less than a foot apart.
My actuary says I'm dead.
·

Comments

• Which model do you have? I had the same experience with the ET73. I changed to the ET732 and it works well. Customer service at Maverick was wonderful. Try sending them a message.
    ·
  • I agree with howmeisterg - my ET-732 from last Xmas is awesome. Batteries are still good. No problems what-so-ever. Be careful, the ET-73 - the older one - has some issues with the probes. Still - some got replacements under warrantee - or bought new probes for a reasonable price.

I do have to admit that I use it only for the very long cooks. Otherwise - no need for any fancy thermometer - the dial thing that came with the BGE works for me - and does not require batteries!

·