Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Rib Roast

humble_lionhumble_lion Posts: 0
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Any great advice for a standing rib roast this holiday season? I'd love to learn more...
·

Comments

• Here are some great tips from the forum search http://eggheadforum.com/search?Search=Rib+Roast ; I also just did a rib roast this past weekend and it was great. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and a little (i think its) 2 Brothers Seasoning. 500 degrees to sear and drop temp as soon as you put it on to 375, cook 15mins a lbs and internal temp reaches 120 degrees. Tent and let sit before serving.

I have before shots but no after shot because I was so excited and hungry!

Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • An excellent way to cook a standing rib roast!  I like to cover the roast in mustard and then put on a rub.  Cook at 225 and internal to about 125 (my wife doesn't like it too rare).
    ·
  • I would recommend the "reverse sear" method. We did it that way at cooking class last week
    ·
  • I have tried the reverse sear and Trex and prefer the Trex method. I tried it several times and both ways are good. But for me, Trex is the best.
    ·