Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Prime Rib Roast

humble_lionhumble_lion Posts: 0
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Any great advice for a standing rib roast this holiday season? I'd love to learn more...
·

Comments

• Here are some great tips from the forum search http://eggheadforum.com/search?Search=Rib+Roast ; I also just did a rib roast this past weekend and it was great. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and a little (i think its) 2 Brothers Seasoning. 500 degrees to sear and drop temp as soon as you put it on to 375, cook 15mins a lbs and internal temp reaches 120 degrees. Tent and let sit before serving.

I have before shots but no after shot because I was so excited and hungry!

Coming to you from the Mothership!
    ·
  • An excellent way to cook a standing rib roast!  I like to cover the roast in mustard and then put on a rub.  Cook at 225 and internal to about 125 (my wife doesn't like it too rare).
    ·
  • I would recommend the "reverse sear" method. We did it that way at cooking class last week
    ·
  • I have tried the reverse sear and Trex and prefer the Trex method. I tried it several times and both ways are good. But for me, Trex is the best.
    ·