Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waldorf Eggfest 2005

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Waldorf Eggfest Peeps![p]Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making this year the best year ever. I had a lot of fun...How about you guys? Would love to hear back from everyone with any suggestions for next year. I start planning for the event every year in the fall. It is getting harder and harder to out do myself. Would love to hear from you guys. Keep in touch. [p]For those that missed the after party, plan to attend next year. Debi and I are still trying to recover. (No thanks to Wess and Sally) [p]Lisa

Comments

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Seasonal Lisa,[p]<caron>hanks to YOU Lisa & Debi. I loved it! I know it's a lot of work for you all. It couldn't have come off so successfully with out your efforts.[p]Just one suggestion for next year. Will ya please wear the thong? PLEEZZZZ!!!!![p]Love you guys,[p]Rodger
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Seasonal Lisa,[p]Both you and Debbie were great (including the after party ... hope you felt OK Sunday).[p]The event was fantastic and so were the people (you included).[p]Smokey[p]
  • Seasonal Lisa,
    it was a great event. .. you guys did a great job!!! . ..as luck would have (ok, i'll call it 'luck' for lack of a better term), it was my chair that you and debi had the beer war in. . .nice wet spot btw!! . . .hmmm, maybe i'll give that one to greg wells along with his egg later this week. . heeee . ...[p]gee, that was beer wasn't it??????

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Sorry about the chair, but it saved the rest of our clothes. As for your final question, It was Wess's crown. We had a great time and at least feel human today. Look forward to seeing everyone next year. We owe you one![p]Lisa and Deb

• Seasonal Lisa,
    just teasing you about the chair. ..hmmm, crown royal. .. that makes a big difference ... maybe i'll keep that one after all and give the 'dry' one to greg. .. .[p]btw, you owe me nothing. . .it was worth it for the entertainment value ;-)

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Beer War? Sounds like a movie on Cinemax. You guys must have had a ball. Sorry we (or I) could not attend. [p]Maybe next year, but I am writing the weekend of October 14th in pen on the calendar. That's gonna be a big time...
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Mark Backer,
    I'm telling you dude, you should have taken me up on my 4:00 AM drive by offer.[p]This event was off the hook kind of fun. It is a lot smaller than Egtoberfest so you get to know everyone a lot better, and the folks you already know you get to spend more quality time with.[p]Combine all that with the great efforts of all the organizers and it was huge winner all the way around.

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Bobby-Q,[p]I can't tell you right now why I couldn't ride along, but I have a good excuse. I will tell you when I can. [p]And i certainly appreciated the offer and darn sure wish I could have made it.[p]Thanks again.
  • Mark Backer,[p]I will see you in October. Can't wait!
  • terrafirmay
    terrafirmay Posts: 83
    Seasonal Lisa,
    You need a bigger turnout if you want to make the Eggfest better next year, Lisa. That means cutting the admission fee to twenty or twenty-five dollar so more Eggers come to the party and more bring their spouses. Admit kids free, too. And don't charge those who cook so they will spend more on food to feed the bigger crowd.

And if it sounds like I'm nuts, I'm not. More people and more spouses means you will sell more Eggs and more accessories next year. You will sell even more accessories when people return the following year. Best of all, it will build and expand the Egg community. (Give away tee shirts but reduce your costs by discontinuing giving away knives and chairs.)[p]****

• The Virginian
    The Virginian Posts: 275
    Seasonal Lisa,
    I had a great time Lisa, and the organization was both thorough and invisible, the sign of a truly well organized event. [p]I am thinking maybe we should have a "best of show" contest, with the most amazing dish of the fest winning the creator a mini-egg. It could be based on popular vote, or on a panel of (well-fed) experts. Points would be given for taste and for showmanship. I think our own Mr Earl would have run away with it this year with the salt-domed branzino. [p]Thanks again for a great fest!
    Brett[p][p]

• terrafirmay,[p]I like these suggestions as I've seen various comments on the Forum about the price and my wife was a little shocked too. But if you intend to have more kids, then they would need to be entertained a little as having them there for 8 hrs just walking around eating, you may have some cranky kids in the afternoon.[p]My only suggestions are: I’m not sure how many newbies you get but how ’bout a newbie area where experienced Eggers (you guys can rotate every hr) can walk through BGE fundamentals (use of plate setter, pizza stone, smoking, grilling, etc.) plus answer any questions that the new Eggers have. [p]Having people wearing name tags helps but you gotta add their Forum name because I (and I assume others) only know people by that name. For instance, I didn’t know till I saw pics that Wess B was there whom I wanted to meet. I did it a couple of times but felt strange asking each person, “You on the forum”? “What name do ya use?”[p]Is there anyway to get everybody together instead of small bunches of parties that obviously tended to know each other better. I know one of the main purposes is to cook but what can we all do as a group at some point in the day?[p]Howard[p]
  • Seasonal Lisa,[p]Eggfest was great, even better then last year. Lots of food, fun and beer (I seem to remember running out last year). You and Debi did a great job! The Richmond contingent had a great time. Next year we are going to try to get the CFO's (wives) to come and then we can stay for the afterparty (need a designated driver).[p]By the way, is the Whiz going to put the picture of Dale and you on his site? I think Rodger would like it.[p]Richmond Egghead
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Richmond Egghead,
    I don't think I took any photos that I can't post, so it most likely will show up. I hope to get it all finished by the weekend. I've got guests. Oh, yeah, there were two photos I took with my peeping tom lens that I don't think I'll post. I was experimenting. Yeah, Really.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Seasonal Lisa,[p]You and everyone there at Seasonal did a fantastic job, as usual! We finally made it home late yesterday, so am just catching up with the posts. Man, that is a long drive, even with a stop for the night. Next year, we're going to consider flying in...[p]Cheers,
    Tonia
    :~)

• The Virginian
    The Virginian Posts: 275
    QBabe,
    Max and Chris and I can supply you all with whatever you need next year. Just bring a little bag of essential cooking tools and an ingredient list on the flight and we will handle the rest once you arrive. See you next year! [p]Brett

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Brett,[p]Wess and Sally suggested it, and the further we got down the road, the better it sounded! We'll definitely coordinate with the local egg family members to make it happen. Thanks for the kind offer![p]It was good seeing you and the rest of the "team" again![p]Tonia
    :~)

• Seasonal Lisa,
    I had an awesome time! Thank you for everything and as for suggestions, I would'nt change a thing![p]BBQ Bob

• terrafirmay
    terrafirmay Posts: 83
    Howard,
    I love your suggestions. This year's Eggfest was good and next year's can be better.[p]****