Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Problems with Remote Smoker Thermometer

BBQRandul
BBQRandul Posts: 5
edited December 2011 in Cookbook

Doing my setting for temperature,  low and high.   I thought it would show a current status such as current meat temp, and egg temp.

Is this wishful thinking, or am I doing something wrong.

RDL

Comments

• If you have two probes it should show you grate temp and meat temp. You set the target temps for an alarm if the grate is too high or low and if the meat reaches temp.
  • Does not,       show the signal of hi -low    then  _ _ _ F.     3 dashs like that.

I've reset smoker to do 250 high    190  low.     and the meat to 170.    show no current temp as it cooks.

will keep trying

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    What brand/model do you have?  My Redi-Check has a very non-intuitive syncing procedure that has to be done first, and it requires reading the instructions.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited December 2011
    You don't say which unit you have.  With mine (Maverick ET-73), the receiver has to be turned on first, then the transmitter (the one with the probes) ...or you will get what you described - no readout.
    Turn them both off and then turn them on in that order.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• it is a ET-73BGE,  I will try that.   i will try that order next time. Sounds easy enough..

Thank you all

RDL