Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back from Eggfest

Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got home after a great time at Eggfest. I actually ran late and then was stuck in traffic in NJ then again in MD and ended up missing out on Captain Billy's. Met up with some of the crowd at the hotel later that night, and wound up being up until about 3:30am for the pre-Eggfest party. Saturday was an excellent time. Had some amazing food including this stuffed pork loin from the Wimers, some of WooDoggie's mushrooms, smoked mullet from jaymer, chili from QBabe, steaks from WessB, etc, etc. Great giveaways this year including these cool folding tailgate chairs. Sadly, my party left 2 of 3 of ours in the parking lot at the after party as a testament to just how much fun we were having...[p]The after party was great fun. Large turnout for more cooking, drinking, and BS'ing. It rain pretty hard for a while but we were dry under a couple of canopies thanks to WessB and Nature Boy and the Dizzy Pig trailer. I didn't make it until the end of the after party and ended up hitting the hay at maybe 11/12 (?!?).[p]All great fun. Thanks to Dale aka DDDAAAA MMMAAAYYYOOOORRR - he really knows how to throw a party! I'm just hoping he listens to the suggestions yesterday about making the Waldorf fest a couple times per year event :) Also thanks to Seasonal Lisa for all of her work. It's all about Lisa![p]I'm off to go running for the next 2 or 3 hours to work off some of the calories...
Cornfed

Comments

• wfd146
    wfd146 Posts: 36
    Cornfed,
    What a great weekend, definitely exceeded my expectations. I think I turned in before you, that's a long day of food and beer, LOL. It was great to finally meet people face to face. The food was amazing, Max's flank steak was probably my favorite. The rain could have been worse, but Chris and Wess saved the day with the tents, (Thanks again guys). My face is burnt, my stomach is still full, and thank God I'm on night work for the next 3 days so I can detox my body of beer. Hope to see you all again next year.[p]Mike Horgan

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    wfd146,
    So that's what your forum name looks like!![p]See I was lying to you up there saying "Oh yea I've seen some of your posts" but actually seeing it now I do think I've seen you post before, well as far as you know anyway.[p]:)[p]When's your better half gonna post?

• wfd146
    wfd146 Posts: 36
    Bobby-Q,
    HA, she's not much on the internet, that is when I let her out of the dungeon.[p]Mike