Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Coconut lump

Grillin_n_ChillinGrillin_n_Chillin Posts: 52
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
I purchased a box of coconut lump from someone in my neighborhood, it's from Afire. I haven't used it yet. Does anyone have any experience with this type of charcoal? Box claims its supposed to burn hotter and longer with less ash than normal lump.

Comments

• Here's my review:  Afire Coconut Charcoal

I found the ash production and burn time to be pretty bad.  And unless they have changed their packaging, they are selling boxes that are 2 pounds underweight.  It does burn pretty hot.

The Naked Whiz
  • Coming from you I'll take that as gospel!! Does it give your food any type of smoke flavor??
  • I used it tonight. Did ribs. 4 hours @250. Wife says best ribs yet.
    Try it. Hey if you don't like it don't use it.
    Green eggs and ham my friend.
  • Thanks Oakville. I'll use it just cause I'm curious now.