Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Coconut lump

Grillin_n_ChillinGrillin_n_Chillin Posts: 52
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
I purchased a box of coconut lump from someone in my neighborhood, it's from Afire. I haven't used it yet. Does anyone have any experience with this type of charcoal? Box claims its supposed to burn hotter and longer with less ash than normal lump.
·

Comments

• Here's my review:  Afire Coconut Charcoal

I found the ash production and burn time to be pretty bad.  And unless they have changed their packaging, they are selling boxes that are 2 pounds underweight.  It does burn pretty hot.

The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • Coming from you I'll take that as gospel!! Does it give your food any type of smoke flavor??
    ·
  • I used it tonight. Did ribs. 4 hours @250. Wife says best ribs yet.
    Try it. Hey if you don't like it don't use it.
    Green eggs and ham my friend.
    ·
  • Thanks Oakville. I'll use it just cause I'm curious now.
    ·