Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Finishing up Baby Backs

HarleyDougHarleyDoug Posts: 69
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Need some advice Please - I've got some BB's going - they've been on for 3 hrs. @ about 250 - I'm thinking of putting some fresh apple cider in the drip pan - covering with foil - for 2 hrs. then basting some BBQ sauce for about an hour - thoughts or ideas please  thanks much
·

Comments

• This is whats known as the 3-2-1 method . Sometimes baby backs don't take the full 6 hrs , so you will have to adjust as needed. Also I wouldnt sauce them for 1 hour. I like to kick the heat up to about 350 and sauce for about 10 minutes.
    ·
  • That should equal a fall off the bone baby back. I would only sauce 1/2 hr max

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    3-1-1 seems to be the more typical scenario.  less mushy with only 5 hours total.  two in the foil would make them too 'fall off the bone'-ish
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • 3-1-1 seems to be the more typical scenario.  less mushy with only 5 hours total.  two in the foil would make them too 'fall off the bone'-ish
    +1 on the 3-1-1. i may even cut the middle 1 down to 3/4 and add an extra 15 onto the 3rd 1. . it just simply works every time for "drop dead" ribs.

greygoose
    ·