Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KC Strips (free range) and an amazing Mac and Cheese side dish...

thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Free Range KC Strips...JailBreak Rub (on my blogsite)complimented by Mac and Cheese...recipe follows.
Prep Time about 20 minutes, Cook Time: 40-50 minutes; recipe serves 6-8. The leftovers should make for some mean fried Mac and Cheese cakes!

Tonight's cook we LEFT OUT THE HAM...

INGREDIENTS
 1 Lb. Elbow Macaroni
 6 Tbsp. Salted Butter
 5 Tbsp. Enriched Flour
 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
 1 ½ Tbsp. powdered Mustard
 ¼+ Tsp. Cayenne
 4 Cups 2% Organic Milk
 1-12 Oz. Can Evaporated Milk
 2 Cups Monterey Jack, shredded
 1 ½ Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
 ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded fine
 ½ + Cup Sweet Onion, finely diced
 ½ + Tsp. Paprika
 1 ½ Tsp. Kosher Salt
 12 – 16 oz. Baked ham, diced (not smoked)
Ham and/or Pea Variation – Add ½ cup frozen peas; substitute deli sliced ham or eliminate the ham altogether.

TOPPING:
 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
 ¼ of cheeses from recipe

DIRECTIONS
1. Fire up the BGE to full flame and grid on the fire ring then bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add macaroni and cook to al dente.
3. While the Pasta is cooking melt 5 Tbsp. butter in separate pot on the grid.
4. Whisk in the flour, cayenne, paprika, salt, corn starch, paprika and powdered mustard, stir until slightly browned (keep it moving constantly); simmer for several minutes making sure it is free of lumps.
5. Stir in the milk, evaporated milk and onion. Simmer for ten minutes then stir in 3/4 of the cheese.
6. Fold the diced ham and macaroni into the mix and pour into a 2-quart casserole pan.
7. Top with remaining cheese and Panko bread crumbs.
8. Remove grid and place plate setter legs down (indirect set up). Adjust temperature to 350 degrees. Place a pizza stone on the plate setter and then place casserole pan on stone. Bake for 40 minutes then remove from BGE and rest for TEN (10) minutes before serving.

Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments