Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Finally, I did it.

Options
paulheels
paulheels Posts: 457
edited December 2011 in EggHead Forum
Fried my gasket. You guys just call BGE for warranty issue? This is the second time I have cooked over 400. And it was only 500. Thanks

Paul
thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Yup, email or call and they'll send you a replacement Nomex gasket.
    Or you can spend $10-$13 bucks and put a Rutland on it - which is the route I choose and feel it's a lifetime solution.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• paulheels
    Options
    I have read about both the Rutland and Nomex. Both seem to have equal amounting positive bs negative. Any other suggestions on paying for Rutland or getting the Nomex free?

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Options
    Rutland secured with Permatex Ultra Gold (from an auto supply store..It's really brick colored).  Will last the life of your Egg... or close to it.  Have had my Egg over 1000°  with no damage to the gasket.  (Makes the Egg REALLY clean, too!)

• ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Rutland secured with Permatex Ultra Gold (from an auto supply store..It's really brick colored).  Will last the life of your Egg... or close to it.  Have had my Egg over 1000°  with no damage to the gasket.  (Makes the Egg REALLY clean, too!)

You got that right, brother!  Permatex Ultra Copper and a Rutland are the ticket!
    Packerland, Wisconsin