Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter Height

Options
bigguy136
bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
edited November 2011 in Off Topic
It looks like there are different heights for plate setters. I'm looking at getting my accessories list started so I get the right ones this spring. Is there a difference in heights?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    The only differrence in platesetter heights is with the old and new style XL, the new style being taller. If I read correctly and you aren't getting the egg til spring, have a look at the ceramic grillstore site. I would go with the adjustable rig and stone rather than a platesetter.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Sorry, I have a large BGE and I want to figure out what accessories to buy.

With the adjustable rig, would I have the same low and hi settings as a plate setter would? 

Thanks 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Little Steven
    Options

Yes, It gives you a higher level in the dome and everything in between. They have a package that includes a woo ring that can cover from the lump up.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/big-green-egg-large-adjustable-rig.html

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jbnelson502
    Options
    I have been looking at that same setup. Good to hear that it works. Plus you get the added flexibility of searing down by the lump with the woo. Question: does the woo for the large BGE accept the medium sized cast iron grid? Their website idicates that only the small fits, but judging by the size stone they recommend it would seem that you could use the medium.