Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No Eggfest? No Problem

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know that there are a lot of us out here wishing the guys ( and girls ) in Waldorf a wonderful time... unfortunatly we all couldn't be there for whatever reason, but lets keep them in our thoughts and hope we are in theirs... this is a wonderful group... Cheers to you all... I live a mere 3 hours down the road from the fest but had a family commitment so I am having a little Fest of my own right here... Brats in beer right now waiting to go on the EGG... tomorrow it is TREX time. Hope everyone is having a beautiful, stress free weekend... heres to good food and good friends.

Comments

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    Good Eats,
    I will second that. Rib tips on, strawberrys in the fridge for Strawberry shortcake after. Should be good.

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]I'll third that. Just put on some Mongo ABT's, brats to follow, all smoked in hickory. Hmmm good.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I could not attend as my son just got home from college yesterday. Given a choice of seeing him after 2 months being away at school or going to Eggfest, well that was no contest. I asked him what he wanted for dinner and the reply was "MEAT!!". So it's off to the egg for some TREX Prime Rib steaks. Now I wonder why do we get the good steaks when he returns from school. I guess I know where I stand. Anyway hope all you guys and gals are having a good time at Waldorf post pics and recipes so me and the rest will know what we missed.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Retired Railroader ,[p]Prime Rib Steaks sounds great! I bet your son will love them. You'll send him back next year spoiled. :)[p]I'm sure some folks will be posting pics soon.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Hickory here too. After using that in Huntsville, I have been using it a lot at home. Tammy just got back from taking the dog for a walk and she said the entire neighborhood smells like BBQ. It is good to be an egger :)

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]The neighbors gotta love it! Hickory is one of my favorite woods. Guava is becoming a fast second!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • alternity
    alternity Posts: 49
    Options
    Grillmister,Squeeze,
    Funny ..I have too. I didn't like it much in the past but have become partial to it as of late. Maybe because the supermarket that used to get a brand I liked (Fairlane woods) went out of biz.
    I think you just gotta make sure you dont over do it or it can leave a bitter taste. Who knows maybe get back on a mesquite kick again as that was the first wood I ever smoked food with.

-alternity