Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Beef

cupboycupboy Posts: 34
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum

Good day

I'm assuming this can be done

what is the best cut of beef for doing a pull?

·

Comments

• Most use chuck but any grainy cut would work

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • I use chuck. I drape bacon over it and cook it like a butt.
    ·
  • Chuck is the beef pork butt! yummy like a dog food to a possum!

heyyyo

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418

Cupboy,

Pulled Beef BBQ is a treat.  Chuck roast, also called English roast or Arm roast is great for pulled beef.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1132923/clays-pulled-beef-bbq

·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,718
    edited November 2011
    In my opinion, you only want to use "chuck".  I've tried Arm and Bottom roast and it doesn't come out nearly as good.  There's less fat in these cuts and it doesn't pull nearly as good.  Stick with the chuck, which is the beef equivalent to pork shoulder.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • cupboycupboy Posts: 34

what is "chuck" in "Canadian" ??

ha!

·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    edited December 2011

Surprisingly enough it is 'chuck' or 'shoulder'

While we are at it ... we don't have any pork cuts called boneless ribs!

We do have a 'country or Texas' style rib that actually has bone in it .... butterflied loin with a small portion of rib & backbone.

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • rodentrodent Posts: 106
    I bought some "boneless ribs" from SAMs club and cooked them at 325 on the bge for a couple of hours and sauced them at the end. Think they are loins cut to look like ribs.
    ·
  • No they are probably shoulder ribs.
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·