Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got some spares...

paulheels
paulheels Posts: 457
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Cooking some spare ribs tonight. After the post about which was better, spare or BB, I decided to cook the spare. I haven't in a while. Some pics later.
Got a butt ready for te morn, damn thing is deboned, didn't know til I opened it up.
Also Doing some beef ribs tomorrow!

Go meat!! Or go vegan!!

Paul
thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.

Comments

• Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Bring on the pix ... I love food po*n!
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Squeezy, no pictures, they were not very good.  Way overcooked.  Me and the Egg had a small yet meaningful and disastrous disagreement over actual temp versus real temp.  I was fairly peesed off.  We worked out our differences this morning though, and the Butt cooked out nicely.  
    Tweev, I resent that "white trash mess" statement.  pulled pork is awesome and delicious and great and wonderful and magical and even more awesome than the first awesome! The butt turned out alot better than I thought it would.  I was pleasantly surprised and it cooked a little quicker.  definitely something that I will think about when cooking pully and have a short window.  

I am pretty good about posting pictures, but today was a marathon and i was busier than a boar hog in a farmers pen.   

Paul
  • And i am turred!
  • Tweev you did not hurt my feelings. I appreciate the tip. I have a cook coming up that I will have to do a few days in advance. inwill give he slicIng a go round.

Also down here in the South, pulled pork is a nice and acceptable presentation!

Paul
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    I also prefer the butt sliced. Much easier to eat on a sandwich without all the little pieces falling off. AND I love my new slicer......
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Pulled is the only way to do it here in North Alabama.  It is a sin to put a knife to it.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    I agree the pulled pork is why I smoke the shoulder, that is the whole reason why I got into smoking in the first place just loved the bbq places in KY and TN.

Gerhard
  • I have never had sliced. A market in town cuts butt "steaks". I think my wife would/will commit me if I show up with slice BBQ. Haha

Paul