Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Adjustable Rack

David1010
David1010 Posts: 15
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum

I am looking into getting a multilevel rack system for my egg. I know alot of people here seem to like the spider/adjustable rack from Ceramic Grill Store. My concerns are two fold: first , I already have a platesetter and pizza stone that I use for pizzas (and am happy with the results for the most part). I would hate for them to be "wasted". Second, in terms of the spider, I am not sure I would use it for a wok, and am happy with the steak sear I get on the regular grid at very high temp.

Any suggestions for the best set up that will make use of what I already have?

Comments

• David,

This would be my suggestion.  Not only can you use your plate setter but you can also do two pizzas at the same time.

http://ceramicgrillworks.com/products-page/product-category/

I strongly recommend this product...head out to their site and watch the videos.  For the price it well made and built to last.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170

No allegiances here, but did find the above info on a site and pursued.  Sales (Franco) is very upfront on what this rig is capable of and sold me-been using it for around 3 months and no regrets-matter of fact , pretty slick and easy access to the lower grid!-no personal experience with CGS gear so only one side of the pic.

You won't go wrong if you get this two tier system-

Happy Thanksgiving-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340
    I also have the ajustable rack from Fronco. It's a solid unit. Fits my style of cooking perfect. Also in my opinion you also don't need to buy a cast iron grate since this unit cooks like cast iron. Just  please post pics for whatever system you get.
  • bghiii
    bghiii Posts: 25
    I strongly agree with the above comments on the Ceramic Grill Works rack. I have one for my large and have ordered one for my XL. Customer service is great.