Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

white wine for mad max

shooteneq1shooteneq1 Posts: 9
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
So im doing madmax turkey and i was wondering if anyone here could help me with what type of wine i should use. I dont like or drink wine so i dont know much about it at all. What would be a cheap commercially available wine i should use for the turkey?
·

Comments

• Ok here's the trick.  Both my wife and me love white wine.  With that said I hate it when cooking.  I don't like it at all with the Max recipe.  Don't like the smell or the taste.  We subsititute chicken broth for the wine and love it. 

Just sayin'

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,414
    That's what I did too - chicken broth instead of wine.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • chicken broth it is then! thanks guys
    ·
  • No no no,

Wine adds acidity and a neccessary dimension to the flavour. Once the alcohol is boiled off the wine is just a perfect fit. If you don't like wine add a Chablis or Pinot Grigio. There is nothing that releases the brown bits (or fond if you must) like a wine will. Use a drinkable white, don't spend a ton but it is essential

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·