Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

white wine for mad max

shooteneq1shooteneq1 Posts: 9
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
So im doing madmax turkey and i was wondering if anyone here could help me with what type of wine i should use. I dont like or drink wine so i dont know much about it at all. What would be a cheap commercially available wine i should use for the turkey?
·

Comments

• Ok here's the trick.  Both my wife and me love white wine.  With that said I hate it when cooking.  I don't like it at all with the Max recipe.  Don't like the smell or the taste.  We subsititute chicken broth for the wine and love it. 

Just sayin'

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    That's what I did too - chicken broth instead of wine.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • chicken broth it is then! thanks guys
    ·
  • No no no,

Wine adds acidity and a neccessary dimension to the flavour. Once the alcohol is boiled off the wine is just a perfect fit. If you don't like wine add a Chablis or Pinot Grigio. There is nothing that releases the brown bits (or fond if you must) like a wine will. Use a drinkable white, don't spend a ton but it is essential

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·