Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Turkey Placement

Trailblazer1229Trailblazer1229 Posts: 69
edited November 2011 in Poultry
Preparing my first Thanksgiving Turkey on the Egg. Going with the NakedWhiz all the way. I do have a question about placement of the turkey and have searched the forum. My Turkey pan does not fit in the egg with the placesetter in legs-up.  The legs of the place setter are spaced a little too narrow for my pan.  So what I have done is placed the grid in its normal spot and layed the pizza stone on top, for indirect cooking.  I then used the ceramic egg feet to create space between the pan and the pizza stone.  Will this give me enough indirect heating?  Or shall I spring for an inexpensive aluminum pan that will fit in between the legs on the inverted plate setter?

Comments