Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What should I set my egg on?

Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
edited October 2011 in EGG Table Forum
Got a custom built Egg Table, but no stone or brick to set it on. Any suggestions??? 
·

Comments

• For the sake of clarity, you're talking about the egg correct?
    (It's been a long day.)
    [-(
    http://choiceofga.com 1000+ Tables & Counting… Direct From Fayetteville, GA "It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools."
    ·
  • Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
    yup

·
  • A simple concrete paver works just fine.

I bought a 12"x12"x1.5" fom Lowe's for just a few bucks. I also "sunk" it into the table a bit so that only about 3/4" is showing. Been that way for 7 years and thousands of cooks and never a problem.image

War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
    ·
  • Bumm39Bumm39 Posts: 52
    went with a 20x20 x1 7/8 paver will post pics when complete                      Thanx for all the suggestions 
    ·
  • I am looking at slate, granite and possible marble. How thick should these be?
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    1-1/2"
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I'm using eight full fire bricks which makes about an eighteen inch square. The full ones are 2 1/2 inches thick. Picked them up at a local brick dealer. May be overkill, but better safe than sorry.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • Yeah, I used then 1.25" ones you can find at Menards or similar hardware store back when I had a wood table.  I arranged them to cover the bottom surface of the egg and had no issue with the wood underneath.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·