Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where to buy BGE

Options
meathead
meathead Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been looking at pictures of the fabulous food on this site for over a year now. I can't take it anymore. I'm buying a BGE once and for all. [p]Where is the best place to buy. Local or online?
A local retailer sells the large BGE for $699. Can a better price be found?[p]Thanks

Comments

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    meathead,
    where are you located?

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    meathead,
    That depends on what the $699 includes...

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    meathead,
    IMHO buying from a good local dealer is worth it's weight in gold. When I bought my almost 6 years ago it was from a local guy and I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED AS WELL BY ANY RETAILER. Cracked fire box. Took one right out of a floor model and handed it to me. Mentioned I wanted to buy the S/S lower vent, Handed me one No Charge. Buy my Wicked Good charcoal. Very considerate discount. Broke the top vent cover. Went in to buy replacement. HAnded me one off a floor model once again. Eric and Jeff at Kirley Masonry in Mansfield Mass are the greatest.
    Because of his customer service I go out of my way to help him by talking up the product. He tells me in the past few years I've helped him sell a dozen or more Eggs and tons of lump. Do I sound like a cheerleader?

• meathead
    meathead Posts: 3
    Options
    ranger ray,[p]Central Massachusetts

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Mornin'Sundown,
    Nothing wrong being a cheerleader with that kind of service.
    Wish my local retailer was more interested in service than just selling me big ticket items. When I went in to buy my seccond large egg he gave me the hard sell on a stainless & ceramic competitor's $2500 model when I asked for an egg by name.
    bruce

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    badbruce,
    I have to admit, my dealer is pretty good. The Egg accessories and lump are "just a little something extra as far as cash flow goes. Their store is more for commercial masonry supplies and they are a little hard to find if you aren't familiar with the area. Wish every one had it as good as I do for real servive and know how. The brothers cook all the time on their Eggs.

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Sundown,
    Once you've enjoyed food from an egg most of us just can't go back.
    What cracks me up is the folks that swear by gassers, different strokes I guess.
    bruce