Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sumi Charcoal?

empiremanempireman Posts: 19
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
I just purchased a very early edition but new Imperial Kamado to go along side with my new XL BGE.  The Egg is set up for baking and will be used for pizza and larger items and the Kamado #5 is the same size as the Large Egg & I'll use that for open flame grilling only.  I also got a very interesting box of Sumi Charcoal.  Does anyone have any experience with this charcoal?  I did research online and found that it was $99.00 for a small box!  YIPES!  What is that about??  I would love to learn about this and hear your thoughts.  I LOVE my XL but it just takes way too much charcoal to fire it up to cook a steak - so now I feel I have the best of both worlds!  Anyone know anyone I can pawn off my $3500 DCS grill and island to??  :-)  - cause it's collecting dust!

Comments