Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cooking time for 2 turkeys.

shooteneq1shooteneq1 Posts: 9
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
Ok so i need to cook two turkeys on the egg for thanksgiving. Ive done 1 turkey plenty of times but I dont know how having 2 birds in there are going to effect the cooktime. I have an XL egg and have two 18 pound birds. Has anyone done this and have an idea of cooktime? please let me know.
·

Comments

• Generally two pieces of meat will cook in the same time as one or just a little longer.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Curious....what is your setup with two 18-lb birds in a single egg?
    ·
  • setup will just be plate setter legs up with a drip pan on it and then the 2 turkeys sitting side by side. I have an XL so i dont think space will be an issue. Will do a mock setup once the turkeys are fairly thawed just to make sure.
    ·