Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Bubba Tim`s BCS Champion Wings

Bubba TimBubba Tim Posts: 3
edited 6:19PM in Appetizers
Ingredients
20 fresh chicken wings

10 oz Panko

10oz Italian Bread crumbs

1/2 peanut or canola oil

1 gallon Ziplock

1 tbl of salt

1 tbl cayane pepper

1/4 tsp of red pepper

a few shakes of garlic and onion powder

1 bottle of Hidden Valley Spicey Ranch

1 bottle Tabasco Chitpotle hot sauce

InstructionsFire your egg to 325 degrees.

Start with fresh chicken wings wash and pat completely dry. Set aside.

In a bowl combine 10oz Panko and 10oz of bread crumbs. I use the flavored style. 1 Tbl of salt, 1 Tbl of cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp of red pepper, add a few shakes of garlic and onion powder to taste. Mix thoroughly.

Get a gallon size zippy lock (Now you know who invented the Ziploc bag, lol)bag. Put your dry wings, approx 20, into the bag. Pour in 1/2 of peanut or canola oil. Seal and shake. Grab a pair of tongs (not thongs) and drop a few in the bowl with your dry mix and press down. Flip the wings and repeat. Place on a cookie sheet just to transport them to the egg.

Gently place them on a raised grid with the dome down. Be careful of burning the panko. You will need to flip every 8 minutes or until golden brown on both side.

Now for the dip. This is the best part! Take Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch and pour into a small bowl with 10 (or more) shot of Tabasco Chitpotle hot sauce. Dip or spoon or and enjoy. You can also use this on chicken thighs.NotesNumber of Servings: 4Time to Prepare: 1 hour
·

Comments

• bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    1/2 cup of peanut oil, FYI
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,758
    edited November 2011
    Interesting dip, have to try that.

What the hell is Panko???

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • bubba timbubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Japanesse breadcrumbs
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
    ·
  • FrankCFrankC Posts: 414
    Would it hurt to use canola oil instead of the peanut oil?

fc
    ·
  • For us.....anything that requires oil we use peanut oil.  Much much better imo.

·
  • Would it hurt to use canola oil instead of the peanut oil?

fc
    No, you can use any oil. I have a few friends who are allergic to peanuts, I use canola for everything now. No one I cook for can tell a difference. I probably could when I first switched, but don't now.
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·
  • What do you mean, " a raised grid"
    ·
  • ChefBubbaChefBubba Posts: 10
    Would it hurt to use canola oil instead of the peanut oil?

fc
    No, you can use any oil. I have a few friends who are allergic to peanuts, I use canola for everything now. No one I cook for can tell a difference. I probably could when I first switched, but don't now.

people with peanut allergies are normally not allergic to peanut oil
    ·