Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My pizza is one of the stone??

BeppeBeppe Posts: 1
edited November 2011 in Root
My pizza is one of the stone, how do you do it will not get caught? Excuse my English.
Sincerely, Beppe from Sweden
Thanks so much for the answers,,, something is wrong here, can not comment on the answers? : - /
·

Comments

• LitLit Posts: 3,521
    Did you pre heat the stone? If you leave the stone in the egg and let it heat up to the temperature you want and then let it sit at that temperature for like 30 minutes then put the pizza on it shouldn't stick.
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

First of all, welcome to the forum!

It also helps to sprinkle some cornmeal on the stone too.

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·
  • JLNCJLNC Posts: 73
    Chance are if your pizza doesn't stick to the peel, it won't stick to the stone. But as Lit said, your stone should be hot.  I don't use cornmeal (a bit of flour when shaping) and I've never had a pizza stick to a stone.  
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,521
    I personally use a pizza screen and cook the pizza right on it. Roll out the dough and put it on the screen and then build the pizza tight on it. Then just put the pizza screen right on the pre heated stone in the egg. The pizza screens are cheap and work great. http://www.webstaurantstore.com/12-aluminum-pizza-screen/12418712.html
    Pizza2.jpg 135.4K
    ·
  • JLNCJLNC Posts: 73
    You can also just start it on the screen and the put it directly on the stone after the bottom starts to brown.  This is the technique we used back in my pizza shop days....
    ·