Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

last night's splatcocked Cornish hens

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0277.jpg
<p />These birds are history now, but they were SOOOOOOO good I felt like I needed to post a picture to their memory. I used DP Raging River rub on both the birds and the asparagus rafts.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    RRP,[p]Those look awfully tastey. I should've drove south last night.[p]Keep em Smokin,
    Jethro

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    RRP,[p]Was wondering if spatchcock would work well on those. They are SOO lean..bet they didn't take long. But they look DELICIOUS.[p]Heating up the mini as we speak for some maple glazed salmon (dizzy + maple syrup). Rice, green beans, a nice yellow squash for moi, and it's gonna be a good night.[p]mShark
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    Mollyshark, since you asked...I had brined them for 4 hours in a simple water and kosher salt solution so that gave them a tad longer to cook. I went 300 direct on the normal grill with skin side up for 50 minutes and flipped for 20 more. Very good eating!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.