Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Woo3/13 inch piazza stone vs Platesetter for indirect cooks

Wilcox FarmerWilcox Farmer Posts: 13
edited November 2011 in EGGtoberfest
Would appreciate your thoughts. New to large BGE but already have XL Primo. Traded deer rifle for new BGE and nest.

Comments

• SnorkSnork Posts: 15
    Awesome trade!!!  I use the plate setter legs down, and place the pizza stone on top.  I also use the three BGE feet between the stone and the plate setter.  Many variations to this technique, find what works for you.  

• JLNCJLNC Posts: 73
    They really do the same thing for indirect cooking, but with the Woo3 you also get the flexibility to cook direct at the felt line and the ability to add other things -- like a wok and an extension grate for multi-level cooking (and pizza on top of the extender).  I didn't purchase the plate setter because I knew the Woo3 would serve the same purpose and would be less of a unitasker.
  • Thanks,

Ordered the Woo3 and stone. Ceramic Grill Store was very helpful.
  • Another vote for the woo3. Haven't used my platesetter since I bought the woo3.

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3, Blackstones