Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Reheating a turkey? Or transporting one 100 miles

FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
I've had my Egg for 1 month today, and have cooked on it probably 15+ times.  My family wants me to do a turkey for Thanksgiving, and I'm completely in agreement...the only problem is, Thanksgiving dinner will be 100 miles from where I live.  

Given the time it takes to make a turkey, and the distance involved, I'm concerned that this won't work out.  I had thought about trying to time it so I could put the cooked turkey in a cooler to stay warm and driving the 1 hr 20 min trip but timing would be crucial and would be a lot of pressure to not keep them waiting if cook took an extra hour or so.

Is it possible to reheat a turkey that has been smoked on the Egg without completely ruining it? Any input would be great, as I'd love to do this, but don't want to make a promise I can't keep.

Thanks,
Frank

Comments