Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP! Firebox has a nasty crack.

Tailgatintiger
Tailgatintiger Posts: 7
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
Hello fellow Eggheads, I need some helpful advice, Took the Egg to the tailgate party yesterday in Baton Rouge(GEAUX TIGERS) and upon returning home found my Firebox has a nasty crack. Now you have to realize my better half TOLD me "What if it cracks?" and of course SHE was right AGAIN! Well I need to know how I go about getting it replaced ASAP before I actually have to admit to her she was right. Do I contact my dealer for replacement parts? Is this a warranty( I know that it is not designed for road travel)  item? Any help is greatly appreciated. Signed Wrong Again!

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Geaux Tigers! I think you can still cook on it until you get a new one. She will never know. Ha ha. How did you transport it? Do you think the crack was a result of the trip? I would contact your dealer. Not sure about the warranty thing, but I know they transport them to eggfests, why not tailgating. What did you cook?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102
    Does anyone read their warranty?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Geaux Tigers! I think you can still cook on it until you get a new one. She will never know. Ha ha. How did you transport it? Do you think the crack was a result of the trip? I would contact your dealer. Not sure about the warranty thing, but I know they transport them to eggfests, why not tailgating. What did you cook?
    You name we cooked it, ABT's venison bactrap,wild hog backstrap,stuffed shrooms, stuffed pork loin, burers, etc.

• I transported it my Tailgating Trailer, made the trip there fine but when I got it home last night noticed the crack, maybe from bouncing around our lovely highways in Southeast Louisiana.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Does anyone read their warranty?
    Not really Squeezy, more fun to cook. Ha ha. Probably would be a good idea, although they also said gaskets are not covered if ya know what I mean. I have read it though and think it would be covered unless the user was negligent. You are right about those roads, especially in a trailer I would not just put the egg in and go. Probably need protection and partial disassembly .
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • chipman
    chipman Posts: 85
    edited November 2011
    As others have said, your fire box is under warranty. Just as a side note, when my fire box cracked I picked it up and like an idiot, I tried to shake out all the debris and it broke like Humpty Dumpty. I pieced all the parts back together again and used furnace cement to glue Humpty back together again. Two years later, my new fire box is still sitting unused in my garage.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    just about every firebox cracks, its covered anyways.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • It's covered. Just take pictures of the cracked firebox and go see your dealer.