Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Father's Day Frittata

guzzijasonguzzijason Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did brunch for the father-in-law Sunday, and decided to try making a frittata on the Egg. Pan-roasted asparagus, ham, and goat cheese. I was cooking direct (elevated grid w/ spider) in an enameled cast-iron fry pan, approx 350º dome. I didn't get the color on top that I wanted, so instead of risk burning the bottom, I finished it indoors with 2 min under the broiler.

Turned out pretty darned good, I think!

266802_2004896114844_1016862963_32277368_5341228_o.jpg

__Jason
·

Comments

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,348
    Looks delicious!! 8 - ),,,
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,268
    Looks good enough to eat :silly: :lol: :side: Thanks for sharing
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,268
    Looks good enough to eat :silly: :lol: :side: Thanks for sharing
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 356
    I accidentally made a frittata today - had a hot cast iron skillet in the egg and was intending to scramble the eggs.  But I noticed the eggs setting, and just closed the lid and let the dome heat finish it off.  Easy!
    Long Beach, MS
    ·
  • SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101
    Did your frittata pick up any smoke flavor?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
    ·