Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Loin - Thinking of a Honey Drizzled on Top

bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,019
edited November 2011 in Pork
I bought a 12 lb pork loin, cut into 3 pcs, did an EVOO and garlic rub, put in zip-loc and froze. Thawing now for this weekend and I'm thinking of drizzling some honey over the top when I put on the BGE. Thinking about 275° until core get to 150°. Thought??? 

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·

Comments

• Put honey on during last hour of coook so that you don't over carmelizw it and turn to char
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    I'm thinking 150* is too high

Honey is a personal preference, and for my tastes I don't really care for honey on pork.  I'd lean more toward a savory glaze - maybe a dijon based emulsion - as a finish.
    ·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,019

Fidel, I'm all ears.

What core temp? I'm making this for my parents (in their 80's) so I don't want anything too spicy. What glaze would you use (savory has horseradish and dijon is a spicy mustard)?

Thanks

Big Lake, Minnesota

·
  • bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,019
    edited November 2011

I put the loin on last weekend at ~300°. The last 30 minutes, I drizzled some honey on it. I pulled it with a core temp of 142° and let rest for 30 minutes. My parents loved it.

Big Lake, Minnesota

·