Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Dealer Question

AUWAG
AUWAG Posts: 73
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
My family owns a small retail store and we have inquired about becoming a BGE dealer. I have been cooking on one for about a year and use it 4-5 nights per week. I utilize the plate setter, pizza stone, rib rack, drunk chicken holder, ash tool, cover, cedar planks, nest, drip pan, turkey and chicken steamers, and the electric starter.

There is one local store that sells the BGE and some accessories but they are very expensive in my opinion. What are the average prices before tax in your respective cities for the large and extra large Big Green Eggs(I assume the 2 most common) and what accessories do you look for the most? I have the knowledge to answer questions about what and how to cook on one but I was wondering what you thought were the top sellers and needed items along with the selling price for the actual egg. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I would advise you to try as many of the accessories as you can, suggest the ones you believe in.  New EGG owners will look for guidance in what to buy and use.

Easy to say that the essential basics are-

Grill Grip

Ash tool

Platesetter

Pizza Stone

Cast iron grid

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• DIXIEDOG
    DIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    edited November 2011
    Add the rib rack, remote thermometers and fire starter cubes to your accessory must have list.

A large up here seems to go for approx. $1100-1200 with a nest and tables
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    The large with a nest and a 20lb bag of charcoal, grate gripper, and ash tool is $799 at my local ace. If you don't want the nest they give you a $100 store credit.
  • Going rate in my area (Cleveland OH) is $1000 for Lg BGE, nest, plate setter, 20lb bag of charcoal, grate gripper, ash tool and fire starter cubes.  The most important thing to remember is customer service.  I would rather pay a little more to someone who takes care of me, knows what there talking about, and will be there down the road.
  • We sell the large egg only for $649. Or the large with nest, side tables, and a meat package for $800. The xl we sell for $800 or with the same package for $1050.
    Hope this helps.
  • I  might be interested in buying my XL from you, WassisMeats! $800 is a great price.  Do you ship?
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I bought my Large with a bag of BGE lump, grate gripper, ash tool, fire starters, and plate setter for $799, then they also gave me a $10 bottle of the Sweet maple seasoning.
  • I  might be interested in buying my XL from you, WassisMeats! $800 is a great price.  Do you ship?

Sorry we do not ship. If you find any one that does ship it will void the warranty.