Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made The Plunge!!!!!

medic119
medic119 Posts: 80
edited November 2011 in EggHead Forum
I made a trip to the local bge dealer, which is only 11 blocks away from the house.  I purchased a large with nest, I cannot wait until Monday when it gets delivered. 
Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    This is Wednesday! Why do you have to wait until Monday? You could roll it the 11 blocks. Congrats....at least you have time to plan your first meal.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Congrats!
    Egg Head in Klamath Falls, Oregon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    Welcome-Here's a great link for lots of info-www.greeneggers.com   On the initial forum page look in the box on the left side and select the "quick references parts 1 and 2", and the search feature, such as it is, provides more info than here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    I fussed around nearly 2 years before i bought my first Egg. Seemed like a "plunge." Turned out to be a really good, sensible decision. They are "eggcellent" appliances. Tho' a bit more work than the kitchen range, just about everything comes out better. Making stock would be a notable exception.

So try out starting a fire, and selecting a temperature, and holding it. Its a good bet to make a first cook something fairly quick. Mine was a 1 pound chunk of pork loin. Followed by brats and chicken pieces before doing ribs.
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Took me a couple years also, I'm with granny go get it! Lol... Congratulations on the purchase, you will love it. Alot of good info here also when people are not arguing about who's right or wrong. Welcome..Have fun with it.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Congrats! I never knew BBQ was so fun. Enjoy that egg..
  • Congratulations.  This is your first but it won't be your last.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • No it won't, planning on buying XL in March. I bought the Large first, to learn. Been cooking on a big drum smoker for six years
    Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • Bought my 1st gas grill many years ago.  Salesman said food tasted just as good on gas as charcoal, (pure bunk).  After all these years I went out in August and bought a large BGE.  Got so "pumped" with really good tasting food, went out and bought another large for my lake house.