Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

mustard

burr_baby33burr_baby33 Posts: 503
edited November 2011 in Cookbook
Somewhere I saw some comments about using mustard as a rub / seasoning / marinade on steaks before grilling.  I would like to hear about how of some of my egghead friends use it.   

Comments

• SqueezySqueezy Posts: 1,101

It is used more like a way to hold the rub on and perhaps create a bit more bark. Mustard once cooked imparts no flavor, so use it at will.

Today I used some mustard to make a stay on marinade for a rack of lamb, containing EVOO, fresh garlic, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, rice vinegar and S&P

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • AUWAGAUWAG Posts: 73
    I sometimes use just mustard rubbed in pretty thoroughly with a little bit of salt, pepper, and garlic. It is very good and the mustard adds a different flavor and keeps it moist. 
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    squeezy speaketh the truth. 
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante